So I've seen this award thing on a few people's blogs, and I think its such a cool idea. I'm not sure how it works...seems like everyone who's done it has gotten the award from someone else. I may not have gotten an award, but I love the concept and life would be boring if we always followed the rules! Basically, you post ten things that make you happy, then post ten blogs you love! So here goes:
Jerseys are by far my favorite article
of clothing. I don't know what started this for me. I mean, I've always liked sports, but its not like I watch ESPN constant
ly or even know how my own teams are doing sometimes. (except the Cougars, I always keep track of them). I love football jerseys the most, and I have 4 currently, followed by basketball; I'm pretty sure I ha
ve like 7 of those. And my one lone soccer jersey. They are just so comfortable and I may be completely wrong, but I think they look great on! Plus, I think its something that
makes me a little quirky, people are usually surprised when they see a girl who flaunts jerseys like its her job. So I guess I like that too :)
2. Family and FriendsMy best friends and Kappa sisters Kelli, Kaylee and Steph
My aunt, mom and sister Ally
With dad on dad's weekend!
I couldn't live without these people. They are not only my support system, but they are the people who bring me the most joy. I'm a very social person by nature, so I need strong connections with people. I love them all because they love me, and because of that they aren't easy on me. Every single one of them tells me like it is, which I always appreciate. They are my motivation for the things I do, because I hope to make each one of them so proud!
3. Dressing Up My Dogs
Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than dressing up my dogs in ridiculous things. I decorate them for every holiday. I make them wear sunglasses and my mom's reading glasses. I put all sorts of hats on them. I put t-shirts on them. I'm pretty sure one of them has worn Uggs for a brief moment. There is just truly nothing funnier than dressed up dogs.
4. Carefree summer days
Summer in Vancouver is one of my favorite things. The last few summers, I've been lucky enough to not work full time, and because of that, I get to be pretty spontaneous with my days. Ultimate frisbee/touch football on the beach, being barefoot, driving with the sunroof open or riding in the back of someone's truck, playing catch at the park, riding my bmx bike with someone on the pegs, only driving if its too far to walk, laying in the sun, slip and sliding, bonfires. There is just nothing like the summer to make you feel like a kid again. It truly brings out the best in me.
Whether I'm watching it or playing it, football is my favorite sport. There's just something about it that makes me so giddy with excitement. I never miss a home game at school, and I jump at the chance to play touch football, whether it's at Reaney Park in the rain, or on the beach in the middle of the summer. It gets my endorphins and competitive spirit flowing like no other sport can.
The girls and I out to dinner in Skiathos
Classic Greek restaurant
Beautiful view of Skaithos's Old Harbour
Agios Konstantinos, Greece
The group out in Skiathos
I love traveling of any kind to any destination, it is what makes life interesting. But of all the places I've been, I've never been happier than when I spend a summer abroad in Greece. Their lifestyle intrigued me. They are all about living in the moment and having fun over anything else. Talking to the locals opened my eyes to a truly beautiful way of life that I strive to emulate as much as possible every day. Paired with the delicious food and mind-blowing scenery, it makes Greece the place I'd most like to live.
7. Acting Gangster
I know this seems like a weird one, but what can I say, I'm weird. I don't know why I love dressing/acting gangster sometimes, its just so much fun! Maybe its because I'm just about the farthest from gangster with my suburban upbringing, but hey, whose really paying attention to details?
8. Themed parties
I don't just love dressing gangster every once in a while, I also love getting dressed up for any theme. I have so much fun getting outfits ready for these types of things, its ridiculous. It may be a college thing, but I feel like it's something I'll never grow out of.
9. Amusement Parks
Speaking of feeling like a kid again, I literally get giddy about amusement parks. I can't believe I used to be the girl who was terrified to ride Space Mountain at age 9. Now, Space Mountain (above) is one of my favorite rides of all times. I especially like rides that go upside down or drop hundreds of feet. Adrenaline rushes are the best!
I'm still fairly new to this, but it is my absolute favorite way to work out. It makes me feel so strong and powerful, and I actually look forward to doing it. I hope to train more diligently someday, I'd love to actually learn how to box, in case I ever need to put someone in a headlock or something ;)
Ten Blogs I Love
1. Beauty in the Imperfections - this is my friend Anna's blog. We work together at E! and she is easily my closest friend here in L.A. She's an aspiring musician with a passion for creating change through pop culture. Her blog is so fun to read, and she always has something meaningful to say!
2. My Own Sweet Thyme - Lisa is a friend of my moms. My mom suggested I check out her blog before I start my own. I'm so glad I did! She is an avid cook who has so many great recipes. Her blog has been an inspiration to me through this whole process. Not to mention she's been so helpful when I have questions.
3. Seed Kitchen - Seed is a restaurant in Venice, CA that serves macrobiotic, vegan cuisine. Eric, the owner, opened the restaurant after curing his wife Sanae's cancer with a macrobiotic diet. I find their story so interesting and motivating. I've attended a meet up with Sanae, and she is truly so great. She really loves life, and her change in diet has truly changed her life. The blog, the restaurant, and their cookbooks are definitely worth checking out!
4. Simply Sugar and Gluten Free - Not only are her recipes amazing, but I find Amy's story so motivational and inspiring. She's got lots of great baked goods that are guilt free, which I love! We both share sensitivities to sugar and gluten, and its always nice to know other people out there who are going through the same things I am!
5. Affairs of Living - Kim's recipes are awesome. They are so creative, not to mention delicious! She has a passion for cooking and devotes so much time to it. I wish I could be more like her! She has found ways around her allergies, and through doing so, has helped me find ways around mine. Hers is one of my favorite blogs to read!
6. Gluten Free Portland Oregon - I love this blog for obvious reasons, it helps me find gluten free restaurants, products and classes in Portland, which is just minutes from my hometown. Portland is such a great city, with so many diverse people who are all so friendly and down to earth, its no wonder the city has such a great blog!
7. Gluten Free Frenzy - I just recently discovered this blog, but I love it! It is centered around gluten free giveaways and interviews with gluten free bloggers. Who doesn't love giveaways? And I find the interviews so extremely helpful for my own blog. Basically, it was love at first sight!!
8. Diet, Dessert and Dogs - I love love love Ricki's blog because we share a few things in common, namely, our diet and love for dogs! Reading her blog is so fun because she's a great writer, has great recipes, and is always posting pictures of her adorable pups! What could be better?
9. Triumph Dining Gluten Free Blog - Another great GF blog. It's not just recipes, but reviews of all that is gluten free. It is such a truly informative blog, I've learned a lot from reading it! It's a must see if your gluten free!
10. Grant Butler - Ok, so this isn't exactly a blog, but it definitely deserves recognition! Grant Butler is a writer for FoodDay in the Oregonian (our Portland newspaper). He went vegan for a month, writing about it in the Oregonian, and now he's staying vegan! He's got such a cool job, and he's an inspiration to my future career!
Wow that took a lot of time! Hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I did! Thanks for reading! And, as always, Live Free!