Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pizza Fusion


Finally, I can eat restaurant pizza again.

I've had a few guy friends in town for the Pac-10 tournament. This hasn't been easy on me, seeing as they are always hungry and always wanting to eat the foods that tempt me most. After Thursday's games, they were all craving pizza, which was once my favorite food. Luckily, I'd heard of a pizza place called Pizza Fusion, on Sunset Blvd. that serves organic pizza with gluten free and vegan options.


The gluten free crust costs extra, but it's worth it. I got a personal "Very Vegan" pizza with GF crust. It had soy cheese and mushrooms on top. It was seriously amazing. Unfortunately, they don't make a non-tomato sauce, so I had them use olive oil instead.

My only beef with Pizza Fusion is that their GF crust is not vegan, it has eggs. That is the only ingredient in the whole pizza I couldn't eat. But you have to indulge every once in a while. I plan on contacting the restaurant and requesting a crust that is GF and also vegan. For some reason, its hard to come by baked products that are both GF and vegan.

Pizza Fusion also had GF beer and brownies, so you've got a complete meal! Plus, the sauce and many of the toppings are vegan, so there are plenty of options. The only non-GF toppings are BBQ sauce and sausage, so steer clear of those and your golden!

To find locations and more info, visit www.pizzafusion.com/

1 comment:

  1. Sounds SOOOO good! Gotta find a place like this in Portland!

    ReplyDelete