Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gluten Free Fish and Chips

My goal in my cooking journey is to recreate food I loved before I learned I had food allergies. And my absolute favorite meal of all time was, you guessed it, fish and chips! I'm not kidding when I tell you I ordered that meal at every restaurant I ate ate before, and even sometime after, I found out about my allergies. So its only natural that I teach myself to make gluten free fish and chips.

Sarah's Gluten Free Fish and Potato Free Chips
Serves 3

1 lb. Cod Filet, cut into strips
1 cup garbanzo bean flour
3 tbsp. ground flaxseed
9 tbsp. warm water
sea salt to taste
olive oil (for frying)

Mix the flaxseed and the warm water and let sit for 10 minutes, until it is the consistency of an uncooked egg. Set aside. Mix the garbanzo bean flour and the salt. Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Once cod is cut into strips, cover each strip with the flax mixture, then coat it with the flour mixture:

Make sure the flour sticks to the cod, then put in the frying pan:

Saute the cod 3-5 minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown (see above). Serve with my sweet potato fries and a garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette and you've got yourself a well balanced, gluten free meal!
Absolutely delicious! Stay tuned, my first video blog should be out sometime this week! And as always, Live Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment