Sunday, August 15, 2010

South Park Restaurant

Hey all!

Wow...I just realized I've been MIA for wayy too long. It's been a crazy few weeks. I hardly have time to cook, let alone blog about it. I have been cooking almost every night, but what's been happening lately is me getting stuff together in the morning and leaving instructions for my mom on how to finish the meal. Between work, kickboxing and what seems to be an overflowing social calendar, the blog hasn't been one of my priorities. But I promise I'll try to be better about it! Especially because I've got a few exciting recipes coming up, including my childhood favorite blueberry pie that I'll be adapting tonight for my dad's birthday!!

So I wanted to review South Park because I went there with my parents last night and I was beyond satisfied with my experience. South Park is a seafood/steak type restaurant downtown Portland that I honestly haven't been to for years. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only were most of the menu items gluten free, but the waitress was knowledgeable on the dishes and very accomadating. I always appreciate when servers are patient with my endless list of questions. I mean, its not like I'm trying to be difficult, I don't have a choice.

As an appetizer, we ordered a date dish that was basically warm dates, stuffed with marcona almonds and wrapped in a thin slice of cured ham. Omg they were soo delicious. I never in a million years would have dreamed up that concoction but it was truly amazing. I'm like still not over it.

For my main entree, I ordered a seafood, sausage and chicken paella. By the way, I don't know why but I have the hardest time pronouncing that word. Anyway, the only thing I had to ask them to leave out was the tomato...even the chorizo sausage was gluten free! And the dish was not only delicious, but the perfect portion size. I finished the whole thing and wasn't disgustingly full afterwards, which is always a good thing.

I'm always so happy to find restaurants that manage to make delicious food for me and still make my experience enjoyable. South Park definitely has that! I would definitely encourage you to try it out!

I'm going to try to stay true to my word and write more often, so stay tuned! I'm sure I'll have a lot to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment