Saturday, June 26, 2010

Take Back "Pizza Night" with Crab Artichoke Pizza

In the Vitort house, Friday night has always been pizza night. Since going gluten, dairy and tomato free however, we've been experimenting with new ways of making pizza that wont make anyone sick. I'm proud to say I've finally perfected my pizza recipe to the point where it is worth sharing!

Usually we just put Daiya cheese on it, but I was in Cannon Beach the other day, looking at the menu of our old favorite gourmet pizza parlor, Pizza a Fetta, and noticed they had a crab meat pizza. I looove crab so I figured I could test out my own crab pizza recipe. Let me tell you, first time was definitely the charm on this one. My mom and I both loved it; in fact, I'm getting ready to eat the leftovers for lunch as we speak!

Crab Artichoke Pizza

Dough: Your favorite pizza dough mix. I prefer Namaste Pizza Crust mix because its gluten, dairy, potato and corn free, and the recipe doesn't call for eggs. Chebe is also good if you like a chewier crust.

Sauce:
1 jar roasted red peppers
1/2 c. cashews
2-3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper

Topping:
1 c. crab meat (don't use fake "krab", it isnt gluten free and its disgusting)
1 can artichoke hearts
1/2 pkg. Daiya mozzerella shreds (this cheese is dairy AND soy free and melts like regular cheese - its awesome)

Bake crust according to package directions. The Namaste bakes for 20 minutes at 450 degrees. In a food processor, combine the sauce ingredients and mix well. Spread sauce over warm pizza crust, top with crab and artichokes, then sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake 8-10 more minutes at 450 degrees.

Serves 3-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment