Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tofu Wraps

So I got a bit of interesting news from my naturopath doctor this last week....Apparently my inability to feel better even when I eat well is being caused by a parasite and having too much H. Pylori bacteria in my body. Kinda crazy, but I'm so relieved to have finally figured out what was wrong with me! I'm on a bunch of supplements and it should clear up in a couple months I guess. Thank goodness for that.

The other thing we discovered is that I may be producing too much cortisol due to stress which has caused me to gain a little bit of weight. I think a lot of the stress stemmed from feeling crappy all the time and not knowing why, but I've always been a little bit high strung/anxiety prone so I'm sure that doesn't help either. As of now, my doctor has me on a blood sugar control diet, which basically means I need to get as much protein at each meal as possible. My veggies and beans are chock full of protein but I may not have been eating enough of them to get the proper amount.

I made this delicious wrap last night that features tofu and hummus as the main protein sources. My taste buds were seriously in love so I obviously had to share it with you!

Tofu Wraps

1 gluten-free tortilla of your choice (I like Food for Life brown rice wraps, make sure you microwave them for about 30 seconds though!)
1/2 c. seasoned tofu, this can be from your own recipe, I prefer either Whole Foods sesame tofu from the deli section or Papa G's sesame tofu
2 tbsp. King Harvest hummus
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 c. spinach
1/4 avocado

After heating up the tortilla, spread the hummus in the middle and start piling on the other ingredients. Wrap up like a burrito and eat! Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment