Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Bars + Updates!


Hey all! Sorry I haven't been updating very consistently...I don't like to post without photos but my camera really sucks. So I'm giving in, sorry I don't have any photos this time but I promise you'll like this recipe so please try it anyways!

Before I hand that over, I wanted to do a couple shout outs.

First of all, if you are from the Portland area and haven't checked out Abby's Table, you are seriously missing out. She caters and does private cheffing, and best of all, she hosts a 4-course gluten, dairy and soy free dinner at her kitchen (609 SE Ankeny St. in Portland) every Wednesday. Cost is $18 per person and I promise, you get more than your money's worth. All you have to do is sign up ahead of time at her website www.abbystable.com.

Next of all, Lingonberries, the gluten-free grocery store I work at in Vancouver has some new exciting products. Snyder's of Hanover, which is a hu
uuge pretzel company, now makes a gluten free version of their famous pretzel! And not only that, they are cheap in comparison to the other GF pretzels out there. They still have corn and potato, so I personally stay away from them, but we've had them one day and are almost sold out!

Also, we accidentally received a product we didn't even order, Quinoa Macaroons. And let me tell you, they are my new favorite. I don't normally do GF cookies because one way or another, I can never eat them. But I can eat these and they are AMAZING! I've never seen them before so I'm guessing we are the only local store that carries them, so I recommend you high-tail it over to Lingonberries before they sell out too!

Now for the most exciting part: a new recipe. This is one of my favorite new things you guys, I swear by this recipe and I hope you'll love it just as much as I do!

Sarah's Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Bars
1 c. organic canned pumpkin
1/2 c. vegetable oil
3/4 c. coconut sugar (we sell it at Lingonberries, I highly recommend it)
1 c. brown rice flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c raisins or fruit juice sweetened cranberries (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix pumpkin, oil, and sugar in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients (except raisins) and blend until batter is smooth. Stir in raisins or cranberries by hand. Pour into a greased 8x8 glass pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Let cool, then enjoy!

My whole family went nuts over these; I cut them in tiny squares and they were still gone suuper fast. And its a sneaky way to get a serving of veggies in thanks to the pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment